Welcome to the 2021-2022 Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair! This year’s fair will be held February 19, 2022 at Fair Park.
Preparing for the Fair
Starting your project
The first step to advancing to the Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair is to enter the science fair at your local school. We have a DRSEF Guide for Students to help explain the process.
You can begin your background research at any time, but before you begin your experiment you need to set up a student account in Scienteer (an online project management system used by science fairs in Texas). Your science teacher will provide you a link to Scienteer. The Scienteer Student Guide explains this process.
Based on the information you enter in Scienteer, you will be guided to the forms you need to have approved before you begin your experiment. Scienteer uses the information you provide to complete forms for the Dallas Regional Fair, as well as forms needed if you advance to the State or International Science Fair.
The Dallas Fair follows Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) rules. Some useful guides are:
- ISEF Science Categories
- ISEF Display and Safety Regulations including board size
- ISEF Rules, Forms and Resources
- Science scorecard example
- Engineering scorecard example
- Dr. Dalley’s Tip Sheet
- 2020-2021 Engineering Project Digital Board
- 2020-2021 Science Project Digital Board
Check the DRSEF Guide for Students for detailed information on check in, judging, and award announcements. Bring your project notebook or lab notebook with you to the fair.
- Special Awards Schedule
- Category Judging Schedule for Junior Division
- Category Judging Schedule for Senior Division
Please note that many items are prohibited at the fair including:
- Plant material, living, dead or preserved
- Animal material, living, dead or preserved
- Sand, soil and rock
- Water and every other liquid
- Dangerous, sharp, hazardous, hot, cold, noisy or smelly materials