Although it has become an integral part of the Southern Methodist University law quadrangle, the Underwood Law Library is actually the third home of the law school's library collection. The law library began in Dallas Hall as a small selection of law books within the University's general collection. It moved to Storey Hall in 1951, where it grew for two decades under the guiding eye of Hibernia Turbeville, the law school's first professional librarian. In 1970, the collection found its current home with the opening of the Underwood Law Library.
Check out past editions of the Library's Loo News, a monthly publication featuring library news, campus events, and happenings around town.