The Office of Career Services offers employers several options for hiring our students and recruiting. Employers have the ability to interview students during our formal on-campus interview (OCI) programs. Our office also offers employers who are not able to travel to our campus during OCI the option of collecting resumes or posting on our Symplicity job bank. Employers are also welcome to interview on campus in the Office of Career Services at any time during the year for positions they have posted in the Symplicity job bank. Additionally, we can assist in arranging virtual interviews for employers who cannot come to campus.The Office of Career Services at SMU Dedman School of Law strives to help you meet your legal employment needs. If you would like to participate in any of our programs, please contact Mary Beth Nielsen, Associate Director of Recruiting and Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-4049.
Employers may engage with 1L JD students after November 1, 2021. The ideal time to recruit 1Ls will be in January after fall semester grades are released. Further information about 1L recruiting opportunities will be available by November 1.
There is no fee to participate in any of our recruiting programs. Interview dates are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Overview and TimelinesAugust Interview Program (August 2 - 13):
- Registration is open through July 6 in Symplicity for interviews held on-campus or virtually. Dates will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Interviews held on campus, as conditions allow, will adhere to state and local guidelines for operating among COVID-19. To conduct interviews virtually, please select the virtual option and choose a date on your registration form. We will still handle all scheduling on your behalf and conduct interviews through Flo Recruit.
- Employers receive student materials at noon on July 15 at noon and employer candidate selections are due by noon on July 20. Final schedules available to employers at noon on July 26. For employers participating in virtual interviews, Flo Recruit links will be sent initially by July 29.
- Registration is open through July 6 in Symplicity. Interviews will be held on Friday, August 6.
- Employers receive student materials at noon on July 15 and employer candidate selections are due by noon on July 20. Final schedules available to employers at noon on July 26. Flo Recruit links will be sent initially by July 29 and again 24 hours prior to the interviews.
- Registration is open through July 6 in Symplicity. Employers receive application materials at noon on July 15.
- Registration is open through September 11 for interviews held October 4 - 8.
- Employers receive student materials at noon on September 16 and employer candidate selections are due by noon on September 23. Final schedules are available to employers at noon on October 1.
- Corporate Interview Days: February 7 - 11, 2022
- Small Firm Interview Week: February 28 - March 4, 2022
- Registration for these programs opens on August 16.
SMU Dedman Law invites all employers to recruit anytime during the school year, and our office remains prepared to assist you with posting your positions, collecting and forwarding resumes, and setting up virtual or in-person interviews.
For more information about any of our recruiting programs, please contact Mary Beth Nielsen, Associate Director of Recruiting and Events at 214.768.4049 or email@example.com.