Enrollment in the IEP courses is open to students and professionals, who are not matriculated into a degree program at SMU
or other U.S. universities as well as to conditionally admitted SMU international students. ESL program approval is required by submitting an online application. For international students, appropriate immigration status is required. For more information about immigration status and requirement, please visit the website of SMU International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) Office. Once accepted, students are given the IEP Placement Test and are assigned to one of six levels: Refer to the IEP level description. IEP courses are offered year-round (Fall/Spring/May & Summer). IEP runs with an its own academic calendar, different from the SMU academic calendar. Separate IEP tuition & fees are charged.
We offer part-time IEP enrollment for valid visa holders (F-2)
For more information or questions about the program, please send an email to email@example.com.
IEP Key Features
- Average maximum class size of 10 students.
- All full-time lecturers are native English speakers with extensive IEP teaching experience plus related ESL professional qualifications.
- Official SMU IEP Certificate awarded upon successful completion of all course requirements per 12-week level
- Conditional Admission available for Undergraduate Study, and several graduate programs (Graduate Lyle Engineering, Law School LL.M Program, and Cox School of Business Graduate Programs)
- SMU athletic center and parking facilities available at extra charge.
- SMU e-mail account, on-campus Internet/Wi-Fi, campus library access free of charge.
- Cultural and social activities including optional Conversation Buddy.