A World Class Program
Admission to the Minor in Public Policy and International Affairs may be earned by SMU students who are currently enrolled at SMU via the admissions requirements below. To be eligible to be Highland Capital Management Tower Scholars, students must (1) be a first year undergraduate student at SMU (2) have a GPA of 3.3 and (3) agree to complete the pre/co-requisites set out below. The selection process for choosing the Highland Capital Management Tower Scholars will be based on merit and determined by an application and interview process.
Tower Scholars Program applicants must:
- Be a current first-year student at SMU
- Have a 3.3 GPA
- Have taken, or plan to take prior to their third year at SMU:
- One Economics Pre-Requisite (or co-requisite)
- ECO 1311 or ECO 1312; or,
- an AP Macroeconomics test score of 4 or better; or,
- an AP Microeconomics test score of 4 or better.
- One Quantitative Pre-Requisite (or co-requisite)
- ITOM 2305; or
- MATH 1309 or MATH 1337; or
- SOCI 3311 or SOCI 3312; or
- STAT 2301, STAT 2331 or STAT 4340; or
- an AP Statistics test score of 4 or better.
The next application cycle will begin in the fall of 2019.