Associate Professor of Spanish
World Languages and Literatures, Spanish
Ph.D., Stanford University
Dr. Olga Colbert, Associate Professor of Spanish, is a faculty member of SMU’s Department of World Languages and Literatures. A native of Madrid, she received her Ph.D. in Spanish Literature from Stanford University. Dr. Colbert has been teaching at SMU since 1999. Dr. Colbert is the director of SMU-in-Madrid.
View curriculum vitae
- Contemporary Spanish literature and culture
- Popular culture
- Gender studies
- Cognitive approaches to literature
Publications and Presentations
- “Apocalypse and A-bomb: States in Consciousness in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces” in Novelistic Inquiries into the Mind. Grzegorz Maziarczyk, Ed. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016.
- “Gender Under the Lens in Elena Poniatowska's La piel del cielo” in Gender Issues in the Hispanic World: Identity, Power, and Expression. Tania Gómez, Ed. London: Lexington Books, 2016.
- “Gender Boundaries and the Female Monstrous Body in “Elena Poniatowska's La piel del cielo. XXVI Congreso Anual de la Asociación Internacional de Literatura y Cultura Femenina Hispánica (AILCFH), Houston, TX, November 10-12, 2016.