Deadline: January 15 (Fall admittance only)
Please submit all supporting documents to the
Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
Applications should include:
- an application form and fee (via the Office of Research and Graduate Studies);
- statement of interest;
- official transcripts for all post-high school academic work;
- three letters of recommendation;
- official GRE scores: verbal, quantitative and analytical writing (GRE ETS SMU Code: 6660); and
- one 15-20 page writing sample. Please DO NOT send in samples in excess of 30 pages.
Prospective students wishing to apply can access this application by visiting https://gradadmission.smu.edu/apply/.
Prospective students should submit everything through the graduate application system: https://gradadmission.smu.edu/manage To check the status of your application, please call (214) 768-4345 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If electronic transcripts are sent separately, please send to: email@example.com
SMU Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 750518
Dallas, TX 75175-0518
Southern Methodist University
Laura Lee Blanton Building
Office of Research and Graduate Sudies
6185 Airline Road, Suite 310
Dallas, TX 75275
International students interested in applying to our graduate programs are required to have their foreign transcripts evaluated into comparable United States standards. World Education Services is a service program accepted by SMU, which will evaluate foreign transcripts at a nominal fee payable by the applicant. International students holding a degree from a U.S. degree-granting institution may be able to waive this requirement. Please contact the Director of English Graduate Studies to discuss this matter further.