Summer position; 40 hours per week for approximately 11 weeks.
SMU Public Relations
- Provides positive public relations for SMU to the Conference Groups
- Serves as a representative for SMU to the Conference Guests
- Acts as a campus Host or Hostess to the Conference Guests
- Aids in recruitment of prospective students
- Assists in coordinating all conference activities for each assigned group
- Acts as daily contact person to assigned groups; serves to "personalize" SMU's services for the conference
- Works closely with other departments of SMU and communicates with many campus personnel
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Performs work as assigned by Conference Manager
- Sits with various Clinics to set-up and take down equipment and respond to emergency situations, etc.
- Sends letters of evaluation to conference guests
- Cooperates with the bookkeepers and manager in preparing the fiscal reports for assigned conferences
- Writes a final evaluation for each assigned conference
- Turns in all pertinent information to the SMU Office of Conference Services
- College student of current Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student standing preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility for assigned duties and use own initiative in solving problems.
- Typing and/or computer skills is a plus.
- If selected, staff member is required to attend training sessions.
- Must have knowledge of SMU and preferably knowledge of the City of Dallas.
- In addition to regular wages, Conference Services Staff may choose to live on campus for free and receive a partial meal plan.
Contact Denton Bricker at email@example.com for more information.