The SMU Student Handbook* is maintained and updated by the Office of the Dean of Students, located in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. Click here or on the cover image to the right to view a PDF version of the 2019-20 Student Handbook.
The Handbook PDF contains the following important and helpful information:
- SMU Code of Conduct & Conduct Review Process
- SMU Honor Code
- Student Appeals & Complaints
- University Libraries
- Student Affairs Division Offices
- Schools of the University
- University Services
- Campus Map & Legend
- Vehicle Regulations
- Federal Law & Confidentiality
- Law Enforcement & Security
- SMU Statement of Nondiscrimination
- Sexual Misconduct Policies, Prevention & Resources
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention
NOTE: All students living in on-campus housing are also expected to abide by the Community Standards for Residents as set by the Residence Life & Student Housing office.
The SMU Student Handbook cover was designed by Jessica Betancourt.
Last revision - 29 Aug 2019