The SMU Honor Council, through the SMU Honor Code, oversees the academic conduct of all undergraduate and graduate students at SMU with the exception of those graduate students who are enrolled in the Schools of Business, Education, Law, and Theology. The Council is advised by the Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- SMU Honor Code (Opens the SMU Student Handbook PDF)
- Academic Honesty Tutorial & Quiz (Link opens to OIT Canvas page)
SMU is committed to educating incoming and current students about Academic Integrity and requires participation in an online tutorial and quiz by new students each term. Look for the "New Students Course" and "Academic Honesty Tutorial & Quiz" module within that course for details.
- Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center
Faculty members who suspect a student has violated the SMU Honor Code should follow one of the following:
- Resolve the case informally with the student without filing any paperwork.
- Resolve the case formally, in writing, with the student by selecting "Faculty Disposition" on the Academic Misconduct Reporting Form.
- Refer the case to the Honor Council for a hearing selecting "Disciplinary Referral" on the Academic Misconduct Reporting Form.
Executive Board - 2019-2020
President - Chris Stuchly
Vice President - Olivia Gruber
VP of Internal Affairs - Adam Brown
VP of Investigations - Mona El-Gharby
VP of Finance - TBA
VP of Public Relations - Isabella Montague