On-campus parking is available to eligible Dedman members. Student, Faculty/Staff and Retiree members will obtain parking through SMU Parking. Some membership categories will include on-campus parking while others will be required to pay an annual parking fee (See Memberships). An active membership at time of purchase is required. Dedman members are restricted to Moody, Binkley and Meadows garages (See below for details).
Parking is based on a calendar year (Jan 1-Dec 31) and will not correspond with membership enrollment. Beginning in November, members can order parking for the upcoming year calendar year. To order parking, visit our online Parking Permit Request form link on this page or the computers located in the Dedman lobby.
SMU Affiliated Memberships (Student Spouse-Partner, Faculty/Staff Spouse-Partner, Retiree Spouse-Partner, Bush Spouse-Partner, and Adult Child Dependent) are required to purchase on-campus parking, at the Dedman Center front desk. On-Campus parking request received will be verified before processing. To purchase or order parking, it will require vehicle make, model, year, color and license plate number and state.
A replacement parking permit for the current calendar year must be purchased from the Dedman Center's front desk.
NOTE: Parking permits are issued to the individual member. Individual member is only permitted a single parking permit. Member may register up to 2 different vehicles to a single permit.
- SMU Parking Office has eliminated window decals and now uses License Plate Recognition program. CONFIRM THE CORRECT VEHICLE INFORMATION AND LICENSE PLATE NUMBER OR RISK A CITATION.
- Dedman Member Card is required to enter garages.
- Upon successful processing of the On-Campus Parking, the requester will receive an email from SMU Parking Office with a Dedman Center Member Virtual Permit Number and directions to to create an account and log in to the SMU Parking Office online parking management system. Please retain the Virtual Permit number and instructions for future reference. The Dedman Center will also retain a copy of the virtual permit number in your profile but we will not be able to save the parking account information.
- Through the SMU Parking Office online parking management system, the permit holder will be able to manage vehicles registered to the individual, add/remove vehicles, etc.
- The Dedman Center member will receive a citation for multiple vehicles registered under one individual parked on-campus at the same time.
FAQ & Map
Using Your Dedman Member Card:
- Tolltags are not activated for SMU Parking and currently not available to Dedman Members.
- Ensure card is not physically damaged or badly bent. If so, a replacement may be purchased.
- Minimize interference by presenting the card only. Some credit cards, wallets or ID card holders will prevent the reader from recognizing the signal.
- Do not attempt at a visitor/pay station or the Owensby entrance to Binkley garage.
- Present card properly by placing the card flat against the reader with picture facing you but directly on the reader for 2 seconds (see below)
- Jumpstart Your Workout! (PDF) Discover the number of of calories burned while walking from the various parking garages to the Dedman Center.
- Parking and ID Cards Services Office: 214-768-7275
- SMU Police: Emergencies dial 911 from a campus phone or 214-768-3333; Non-Emergencies: 214-768-3388
Any questions, comments, suggestions regarding the SMU Recreational Center website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the Main Desk at 214-768-3374.