The SMU Honor Council, through the SMU Honor Code, oversees the academic conduct of all undergraduate and graduate students at SMU with the exception of those graduate students who are enrolled in the Schools of Business, Education, Law, and Theology. The Council is advised by the Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- SMU Honor Code (Opens the SMU Student Handbook PDF)
- Academic Honesty Tutorial & Quiz (Link opens to OIT Canvas login page)
SMU is committed to educating incoming and current students about Academic Integrity and requires participation in an online tutorial and quiz by all new students each fall and spring terms. Enrolled students will receive a specific email invite and link to the Canvas login through their official SMU Email account. The course name starts with "Academic Honesty..." and includes the current term (i.e. Sum/Fall 2019).
- Student Academic Engagement and Success
Faculty members who suspect a student has violated the SMU Honor Code should follow one of the following:
- Resolve the case informally with the student without filing any paperwork.
- Resolve the case formally, in writing, with the student by selecting "Faculty Disposition" on the Academic Misconduct Reporting Form.
- Refer the case to the Honor Council for a hearing selecting "Disciplinary Referral" on the Academic Misconduct Reporting Form.
Executive Board - 2021-22
President - Cole Fontenot
Vice President - Caroline Thomas
VP of Internal Affairs - Ying-Chu Chen
VP of Investigations - Tia Taylor
VP of Public Relations - Isabella Montague
Deputy - Brendan Shelley
- Jimmy Ramey
Assistant Director, Student Conduct & Community Standards
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-768-4563.