The Dedman Center is a private campus recreation center with the primary purpose and focus on the SMU student and campus community. The Dedman Center hosts academic classes, University programs and student organization events. We abide by University calendar, policies and procedures. Decisions, rules, and protocols will be governed by University calendar, policies, procedures, and SMU student input. These decisions may have influence on our non-student members.
PURCHASING MEMBERSHIPS OR GUEST OPTIONS
Memberships can be purchased in-person at the Dedman Center’s Front Desk and some options are available through the Dedman Center’s Online Member Portal. See Online Member Portal Instructions for details.
· Payment for Annual and Semester membership options are expected in full at time of enrollment.
· SMU Full-time Exempt Employee and Retirees have monthly membership options.
MEMBERSHIP RULES AND PROTOCOLS
Memberships will be affected by the following General Dedman Center Rules and Protocols:
1. Pre-Paid Memberships and Guest Options are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferrable and only valid for the purchaser.
2. Individual MUST be 18 years of age or older.
3. An SMU ID card or government issued photo ID is REQUIRED to enter the Dedman Center.
4. Children under the age of 18 are NOT permitted entry or use of the Dedman Center unless parent has a paid membership and minor child has an Annual Membership assigned OR participation in a Campus Recreation sponsored or approved program, event, or camp. Guest options and some passes do NOT permit minor children.
5. Failure to purchase a new membership within 1 month of expiration will require purchase of a replacement Dedman Member Card.
6. All Members and Guest are expected to follow and abide by the Dedman Center’s Member Expectations and the Dedman Center’s Rules and Protocols.
Membership options have varying rates and durations depending on the individual’s role with the University or affiliation to the University.
· Access and use of the facility and services such as Group X classes, Climbing Wall, Indoor Pool, OA Rental Shop and OA Trips, and Intramurals.
· Personal Training and some small group training classes will be additional fee.
· Dedman Member Card will only be issued to new memberships with a duration exceeding 3 months.
· Eligible for on-campus parking options. See Dedman Center Member On-Campus Parking.
· Membership options with automatic payroll deduction must be purchased in-person at Dedman Center’s Front Desk and first month’s prorated fee expected at time of enrollment.
· Membership options with automatic credit card deduction must be purchased through Dedman Center’s Online Member Portal only and first month’s prorated fee expected at time of enrollment.
· Bundled Options include the main member and one (1) adult married spouse or domestic partner. Adult children and extended family members are not eligible for Bundled options.
· On-campus Parking options available for purchase with Spouse-Partner and Bundled Memberships.
Accepted Payment Types:
· Cash (Denominations greater than $50 will not be accepted unless the product or service exceeds the denomination amount).
· Personal Check
· Credit Cards (Discover, MasterCard, or VISA)
THE DEDMAN CENTER IS NOT ABLE TO PROCESS CREDIT CARD DEDUCTIONS AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.