The Dedman Center is a private campus recreation center with the primary purpose and focus on the SMU student and campus community. The Dedman Center hosts academic classes, University programs and student organization events. We abide by University calendar, policies and procedures. Decisions, rules, and protocols will be governed by University calendar, policies, procedures, and SMU student input. These decisions may have influence on our non-student members.
PURCHASING MEMBERSHIPS OR GUEST OPTIONS
Memberships be purchased conveniently through the Dedman Center’s Online Member Portal or in-person at the Dedman Center’s Front Desk
Guest options are available HERE.
· Payment is expected at time of enrollment
· Memberships are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferrable and only valid for the purchaser.
MEMBERSHIP RULES AND PROTOCOLS
The following General Dedman Center Rules and Protocols apply:
1. Individual MUST be 18 years of age or older.
2. An SMU ID, Dedman Member Card, or government issued photo ID is required to enter the Dedman Center.
3. Children under the age of 18 are NOT permitted entry or use of the Dedman Center unless parent has a paid membership and purchased a Minor Membership. Minor children are only permitted during Family Recreation Hours (Saturday and Sunday). See Hours and Schedule page for more on Family Recreation Hours.
4. Failure to purchase a new membership within 1 month of expiration will require purchase of a replacement Dedman Member Card.
5. All Members and Guest are expected to follow and abide by the Dedman Center’s Member Expectations and the Dedman Center’s Rules and Protocols.
Membership options have varying rates and durations depending on the individual’s role with the University or affiliation to the University.
· Access and use of the facility and services such as Group X classes, Climbing Wall, Indoor Pool, OA Rental Shop and OA Trips, and Intramurals.
· Personal Training and some small group training classes will be additional fee.
· Dedman Member Card will only be issued to new memberships with a duration exceeding 3 months. Lost or damaged cards within 2 years of original issue must purchase replacement.
· All memberships are eligible to purchase on-campus parking options. Some memberships will include on-campus parking upon request. See descriptions below or visit the Dedman Center Member On-Campus Parking.
· Bundled Options include the main member and one (1) adult married spouse or domestic partner. Adult children and extended family members are not eligible for Bundled options.
Accepted Payment Types:
· Credit Cards (Discover, MasterCard, or VISA)
· No American Express
*Family membership options will be eligible for purchase when the main member adds the family member to their existing membership profile.
|SMU STATUS||MEMBERSHIP||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT DUE||PRORATE PAYMENT||PARKING INCLUDED|
|Community||Community 3-Month||Individual Adult||$293||N||NO|
|Community 6-Month||Individual Adult||$540||N||NO|
|Community 9-Month||Individual Adult||$743||N||YES|
|Community Annual||Individual Adult||$900||N||YES|
|*Community Bundled Annual||Community Member + 1 adult spouse or partner family member||$1,350||N||YES|
|Summer Only||May 15-August 15||$250||YES||NO|
|Community Family||*Add Community Spouse/Partner Monthly||add to existing Community Individual Membership||$38||N||YES|
|*Adult Child Dependent Monthly||18-25 Adult Family Member (min 3 month)||$20||N||NO|
|*Minor Membership||Child under age 18 once added as Family Member||$0||N||N/A|
|Special||HP-UP Police/Fire Annual||Individual Membership with HP?UP Employee ID Card||$240||N||NO|
If you have a question regarding your membership, please contact the Dedman Center Membership Administrator at 214-768-3366 or email@example.com or contact David Chambers, Associate Director of Operations at 214-768-4823.