Application Deadlines for the 2024-2025 Cohort
|Applications for 2024-2025 will open||August 1, 2023|
|Priority Admissions Deadline for Scholarship Consideration||
November 15, 2023
|Final Admissions Deadline||February 5, 2024
- All applicants must complete the online SMU application.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) grade point average of 2.5* (on a 4.0 scale)
- For applicants with a GPA below 2.5, GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores within the last five years are required. Please use the institution code 6660.
- Copy of valid Texas teacher certification
- Copy of service record reflecting two years teaching experience in an accredited public, private or charter school
- Applicants with a degree from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores for admission speaking 24, listening & reading 22, and writing 21.
- Employed by a partner district/charter management organization.
- Two (2) references –– one must come from your current Principal
- Essays—four prompts will be provided in the application
- Updated Resume. See Resume Tips for guidance and review our suggested, though optional, Resume Template.
- Official copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts where a degree has been conferred or you have received 9 or more credit hours.*
Official Transcripts must be sent directly by the institution to SMU.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to:
Paper transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
* calculated in accordance with current TEA guidelines. Simmons reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission should any misrepresentation occur.
Any candidate seeking TEA certification must obtain the conferred degree for the program along with the completion and passing of the required TEA exams (268 and PASL).