We are no longer accepting applications for our cohort starting in Summer 2020. Please return to this page for updates in late summer. Below is tentative information for our next admissions cycle in case it is helpful. Please note that this information may be updated.
Our application our next cohort stating in June 2021 will open August 1, 2020. Students interested in applying should take the necessary steps as outlined below.
Priority Deadline: Friday, November 6th, 2020
Final Deadline: Monday, February 15th, 2021
Promising applicants will be invited to additional selection processes.
- All applicants must complete the online SMU application.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) grade point average of 2.5* (on a 4.0 scale)
- For applicants with a GPA below 2.5, GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores within the last five years are required. Please use the institution code 6660.
- Copy of valid Texas teacher certification
- Copy of service record reflecting two years teaching experience in an accredited public, private or charter school
- Applicants with a degree from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores for admission speaking 24, listening & reading 22, and writing 21.
- Employed by a partner district/charter management organization.
- Commitment to being a school leader. All participants commit to serving in a partner district for one year beyond graduation.
- Essays—four prompts will be provided in the application
- Official copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts where a degree has been conferred or you have received 9 or more credit hours.*
Official Transcripts must be sent directly by the institution to SMU.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to:
Paper transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
* calculated in accordance with current TEA guidelines. Simmons reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission should any misrepresentation occur.