Our application is now open for our next cohort stating in June 2020. Students interested in applying should take the necessary steps as outlined below.
Priority Deadline: Friday, November 8th, 2019
Final Deadline: Monday, February 17th, 2020
Promising applicants will be invited to additional selection processes.
- All applicants must complete the online SMU application.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) grade point average of 2.5* (on a 4.0 scale)
- For applicants with a GPA below 2.5, GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores within the last five years are required. Please use the institution code 7464.
- Copy of valid Texas teacher certification
- Copy of service record reflecting two years teaching experience in an accredited public, private or charter school
- Applicants with a degree from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores for admission speaking 26, listening/reading 22, and writing 21.
- Employed by a partner district/charter management organization.
- Commitment to being a school leader. All participants commit to serving in a partner district for one year beyond graduation.
- Essays—four prompts will be provided in the application
- Official copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts where a degree has been conferred or you have received 9 or more credit hours.*
Official Transcripts must be sent directly by the institution to SMU.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to:
Paper transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
* calculated in accordance with current TEA guidelines. Simmons reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission should any misrepresentation occur.