SMU A&A Committee ResourcesThank you for visiting the webpage dedicated to the Southern Methodist University’s Committee on Assessment & Accreditation. SMU is continuously streamlining processes so that the Institution can more easily respond to the requirements of its accrediting agency, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The charge to the committee is to review systems and strategies to insure the following SACS signification:
- Accreditation by SACS Commission on Colleges signifies that the institution
- has a mission appropriate to higher education,
- has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and
- maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
– The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement
- Review and/or create systems to ensure reports and documentation are in place for all Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements.
- Lead the work of annual assessment on Principle 3.3 Institutional Effectiveness, 3.3.2 The Quality Enhancement Plan (Engaged Learning) and 3.5 Undergraduate Educational Programs.
- Review existing University policies to ensure compliance with ongoing SACS policies of Substantive Change, Dual and Joint Degree Programs, Off-site Programs, Faculty Credentials and other University initiatives and concerns that require compliance.
- Work toward the holistic goal of creating a positive culture of assessment.
Click here to visit Assessment & Accreditation Committee Resources.
Click here to visit Weave Education.