Compensation: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Job Type: Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
Benefits: no health, dental or vision benefits provided
Music Minister, Part-time
The Church: Oak Lawn United Methodist Church is a Reconciling Congregation: Loving, Compassionate, and Inclusive. We welcome people of all ages, races, backgrounds, abilities, economic circumstances, sexual orientations and gender identities into the life and leadership of our church. We commit to advocating for justice and full inclusion of all people in our congregation and in the community we serve. We seek to be a hub of transformative Christian community that is inclusive, expansive, and entrepreneurial.
We are a congregation of 80-100 worshipers looking for the right person to help us grow the body of Christ through our music ministry.
The Position: This position reports directly to the Pastor or Worship Arts and Connections. We are looking for Music Minister who is proficient in Organ and Piano with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Engage OLUMC’s Choir for participation in digital services and ministry opportunities
- Manage administration and technology related to musical components of digital services
- Contact and obtain any necessary contract musicians for special occasions
- Communicate effectively with volunteers, staff, and congregation of OLUMC regarding opportunities for involvement in music ministry
- Provide effective and empathetic pastoral care to choir and congregation members
- Recruit and develop congregants with musical abilities by providing avenues through which they can use their talents in worship
- Assist with worship planning, worship leadership and discipleship opportunities as part of the ministry team
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as requested by Senior Pastor and/or Pastor of Worship Arts and Connection, including weddings and funerals, and additional worship services outside of Sunday Mornings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music, including Choral Conducting, Master of Sacred Music, a plus
- Understanding of the tenets and theology of The United Methodist Church, as well as support for and adherence to the beliefs and practices of Oak Lawn United Methodist Church
- Ability to pastor and motivate volunteers through the gift of music
- Read music and be able to direct and coach vocalists and musicians
- Partner with congregation and clergy on responses to current events and social issues as related to faith
- Strong technological skills utilizing most current platforms and options
- Ability to comply with schedule which will include weekday office hours and several hours on Sunday