Perkins School of Theology Hosts A Texas Faith Public Forum
Dallas, Texas – A panel of religious leaders, including Perkins School of Theology Dean William B. Lawrence, discussed "Elections and the Common Good" Sept. 27 before a standing-room only crowd at Perkins Chapel during a Texas Faith Public Forum.
Listen to audio recording of Texas Faith Public Forum (mp3 – 1:28:27)
(photos by Bill Matthews;
click on images for high-resolution version)
William McKenzie, Dallas Morning News editorial columnist, moderated the discussion. In addition to Dean Lawrence, panelists included:
• Katie Sherrod, an independent writer/producer and Episcopalian activist, Fort Worth;
• George Mason, Senior Pastor of Wilshire Baptist Church, Dallas;
• Dwight McKissic, Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Baptist, Arlington;
• Gordon K. Wright, Dallas attorney and a North Texas leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints;
• Mike Ghouse, President of the Foundation for Pluralism, Dallas.
The event was sponsored by The Dallas Morning News and hosted by Perkins School of Theology.
Read more in the SMU Daily Campus.