Your contribution to Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University reaches far beyond the walls of the school. It becomes a living testament to your own faith and impacts thousands of lives. Ministers from Perkins are now serving others all over the world.
Each year more than 300 students enroll at Perkins. Hundreds more clergy and lay people attend continuing education programs annually in Dallas, Houston, Amarillo, and other cities.
Perkins serves the University and the community through its nationally-recognized intern program, urban ministries, missions, the Mexican-American Program, Global Theological Education, and much, much more.
Your gift can make a significant difference in the spiritual growth of the church, the community, the University, and countless individuals. Gifts from people like you help Perkins continue to train students to become the quality preachers we so desperately need. We invite you to support Perkins and its life-affirming mission in the world.
A gift to Perkins
- Prepares pastors and church leaders for ministry
- Funds student scholarships
- Equips Christian educators
- Provides continuing education for clergy and laity
- Attracts renowned faculty
- Supports community ministries
- Trains leaders for evangelism and outreach throughout the world
Types of gifts
Operating gifts help fund daily life at Perkins. They are crucial to keeping our doors open. They mean we can go about the daily business of educating students for the highest quality of ministry without worrying about how we will pay our bills.
Endowments and planned gifts help fund programs and support Perkins students far beyond the donor’s lifetime. They are truly gifts that keep on giving. By funding an endowment or making a planned gift, donors commit to making Perkins academically strong and financially sound, now and for years to come. There are many ways to make a planned gift:
- Include SMU as a beneficiary in your will or living trust
- Name SMU as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Name SMU as a beneficiary of a life income gift (a remainder trust, a gift annuity, or lead trust)
- Make a gift of a personal residence or farm to SMU, while retaining a life estate
Capital gifts provide state-of-the-art educational spaces, an unsurpassed library, and a beautiful chapel used by people all over North Texas.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.