GLOBAL THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION IMMERSIONS
Click Here for Online Registration Form
(Registrations by Perkins Students will be accepted only after August 22nd, 2018
for GTE Immersions in J-Term and Spring Term 2019. Non-students registering for Palestine-Israel in January of 2019 may register online immediately.)
- July 20 - 27, Summer Term: Borderlands Immersion, McAllen, Dr. Hugo Magallanes (In conjunction with the Center for the Study of Latinx Christianity)
January Term 2019
The first day of registration for J-Term 2019 courses will be August 22nd, 2018. A link to online registration will be available on the GTE Website at 8:00 am on that day!
- January 2 – 16, Palestine/Israel Immersion, Dr. Jaime Clark-Soles and Dr. Robert Hunt. Registration is closed.
- January 6 – 13, El Salvador with Dr. Hal Recinos (In conjunction with the Center for the Study of Latinx Christianity). Registration is closed
- January 2 - 16, Zimbabwe Immersion, Rev. Connie Nelson. Click Here for Online Registration Form
Spring Break 2019
- Taos – Native American Culture and Spirituality - Dr. Robert Hunt This immersion has been cancelled.
- May 19 – 30 San Diego Borderlands Immersion – Dr Hugo Magallanes, Dr. Susanne Johnson (In conjunction with the Center for the Study of Latinx Christianity) (Registration Opens January 22nd, 2019)
- July 10 - 22 England/Wesley Immersion, Dr. Ted Campbell (Registration opens January 22nd 2019), Click Here for Online Registration Form
January Term 2020
- Palestine/Israel Immersion - Faculty TBA
- Homeless Immersion, Waco – Dr. Hugo Magallanes
Spring Break 2020
Spring Semester 2020
- General Conference from May 5 to 15, 2020, Bishop Max Whitfield
- Palestine/Israel Immersion
Spring Break 2021
Participants in immersion courses are required to attend a designated GTE Orientation session.
All immersions outside the U.S. require a U.S. passport valid for six months following the ending date of the immersion. No application will be accepted without a copy of a valid U.S. passport.
For inquiries about the academic content and travel schedules of immersions, please contact the faculty member in charge.
Application forms (for submission to the Global Theological Education office):
For all other inquiries, contact the Global Theological Education office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No advance applications will be accepted.
Effective Leadership in a culturally complex world requires a combination of Cultural Intelligence and cross-cultural experience. The Perkins Global Theological Education Program prepares Christian leaders for culturally complex churches and communities. Through seminars and significant immersion experiences in other cultures we prepare our students for lifelong growth in cultural intelligence and cross-cultural competence. Students gain firsthand experience in building intercultural relationships, resolving cultural conflicts, and guiding intercultural ventures.
PREVIOUS INTERCULTURAL IMMERSION COURSES FOR STUDENTS