Blanton Building Lobby
Amber Howell, Senior Student Account Advisor: 214-768-4267 or email@example.com
- Billing questions
- Student Finances
- Payment Plan Options
The Amy Abboud ('87, '90) and Leslie Ware ('89, '92) Emergency Loan Fund is a revolving loan program established for the purpose of providing emergency loan assistance to law students who have unexpected financial needs arise during the course of the year above and beyond that which can be reasonably planned for or accommodated through the normal financial aid process.
- Any currently-enrolled student who does not have an outstanding emergency loan may request to borrow up to $750
- Loans must be repaid within three months, except for second semester third-year students who must repay their emergency loans prior to graduation.
Laura Lee Blanton Building, Suite 119
6185 Airline Drive
Charmissa Edmun-Ajakaiye, Senior Financial Aid Advisor for Graduate Programs
9 am - 4 pm M-F
We know how important it is to protect and nurture your law school investment. And to do that, you need expert guidance and support to make informed financial decisions, during law school and beyond. That is why we’ve partnered with AccessLex Institute – the largest philanthropic organization dedicated to access, affordability, and the value of legal education – to bring you MAX by AccessLex, an innovative personal finance program created exclusively for law students. Available at no cost, MAX drives the knowledge gain and behavior change that is essential to improving your financial well-being.
The MAX program:
- Teaches personal finance in a way that leverages the skills law school attracts and fosters;
- Takes a multi-format approach – including an interactive online curriculum, in-person workshops, one-on-one counseling, and more – that recognizes different learning styles and knowledge bases, letting you define your own path;
- Delivers information in a quick and easy to understand components to fit into your demanding schedule; and
- Offers scholarship incentives to motivate you to stay on task and on track.
MAX provides a comprehensive personal finance program, featuring a building-block curriculum. During your 1L year, you will focus primarily on foundational elements that will prepare you for the 2L curriculum, which will in turn instill in you a confidence and readiness for the 3L material. MAX will be there for each step of your law school journey, to make sure you are graduating with maximized financial capability!
To get started, go to MAX by AccessLex. Your name, school email address, school and class year are all you need to log-in to the program, personalize your experience and track your progress. No other personal information is required, and all information remains confidential.
Scholarships and Writing Competitions
As we become aware of third-party scholarships and writing competitions, we provide links to relevant information under Scholarships and Writing Competitions. We also post opportunities on the bulletin board outside the Registrar’s Office.