Educating law enforcement officers and advocates at the Conference on Crimes Against Women
Victorious after obtaining an Order of Protection for our client, a survivor of domestic violence
Conducting a training for New Friends New Life on trafficking survivors' eligibility for orders of non-disclosure.
Overseeing filming of an educational video about domestic violence created for the Vickery Meadow Learning Center.
- “I acquired valuable practical skills, worked with an inspiring group of people, met and represented wonderful clients, and learned so much about the legal profession generally . . . I am excited about the opportunities ahead and the way that my clinic experience will propel me forward into a meaningful life of work.” – McKenna Smith ’21
- I have been fortunate to have many impactful experiences throughout law school, but few, if any, have impacted me in the way the clinic has … the Hunter Clinic has made me feel much more prepared to step into an attorney role. - Brooke Olsen '18
- “Lawyers doing this work are providing much-needed services, but this experience has shown me that these clients actually give us just as much as we give them.” – Roslyn Dubberstein ’20
- I saw the true impact my work had on someone’s life and that was the most rewarding thing for me. I am grateful to have experienced that moment through the Clinic. It will be a moment that I cherish throughout my legal career. - Sachi Dave '18
- “I wish that clinic were a required course for all law students. I will leave clinic and graduate feeling much more confident about my ability to find solutions and navigate the legal system as a first-year attorney.” – Kelsey Vanderbilt ’20
- "My experience in clinic has shaped the way I view social justice and advocacy for clients.
Hands down the best part of my law school career." - Tiffany Clark '17
- “This has been the most beautiful learning experience I could have ever asked for because it helped me develop as both a human and a lawyer. Law school has been a taxing three years. There was immense growth, but there was also severe doubt. Clinic transformed much of my doubt into drive.” – Roslyn Dubberstein ’20
- "The Hunter Clinic is the only place in law school where we really learned about how to effectively interact with and address the legal needs of clients. The entire experience was fundamental in rounding out my legal education. - Aubry Talkington '16
- "The clinic is like a slice of real-life practice in a controlled setting. Real frustration. Real problems. Real clients. - Chime Nwikoro '17
- "I never thought that I'd be applying what I learned in a contracts drafting course to my work for the Hunter Legal Center - but I did just that." - Monica Harasim '17
- "I am so very grateful to the SMU Legal Clinics for a myriad of reasons, including the Clinics’ ability to remind law students that there is a world at our doorstep where people desperately need legal services to help them secure the most basic fundamental life necessities." - Will Stovall '17