The Tower Center, located on the second floor of the Carr Collins building, supports undergraduate and faculty research and organizes numerous conferences, lectures and symposia on topics of American Politics, International Politics, and Political Economy. International and Area Studies majors and minors may be eligible for study abroad scholarships, as well as undergraduate fellowships and internships offered through the Tower Center, such as:
- The Marian Tower study Abroad internships (managed by the Study Abroad office)
- The Cox, Hill, Medders and Miller Undergraduate Research Fellowships
- The Hatton W. Sumners Foundation Endowed Scholarships
- The Walter M. Mondale Ambassador’s Japanese Studies Fellowship
- The Neill McFarland Friendship Fellowship The Vaughn Foreign Service and International Affairs Internship
Information about international internships and international careers is available through the SMU Hegi Family Career Development Center, located in the Hughes-Trigg building. For additional information, consult the Hegi Family Career Development Center Website.