Professor of French
Associate Provost for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness
World Languages and Literatures, French
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
View curriculum vitae
Publications and Presentations
- “From Bab el Oued City to Timbuktu: Flipping the Script on Global Jihad.” (Under revision).
- “Reframing Human Rights: Mahamet Saleh Haroun’s A Screaming Man.” Companion to African Cinema. Kenneth Harrow and Carmela Garritano, eds. Wiley Blackwell (forthcoming).
- “Looking Beyond Afrpolitanism: Globalization, Francophonie and the Work of Abderrahmane Sissako.” Cinéma-monde: Decentred Perspectives on Global Filmmaking in French. Michael Gott and Thibault Schild, eds. Edinburgh University Press (2017).
- “Overturned Equality: Migration, Globalization and the African Immigrant Film.” Annual Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference, Atlanta, GA, April 2016.
- “France and Islam: The Top Five Things Every American Should Know.” University of Dallas, March 21, 2016.
- “Globalization, Ecology, and Jihad in Aberrahmane Sissako’ Timbuktu.” African Studies Association Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., December 1-3, 2016.