The Archives at Bridwell Library offer patrons direct access to extensive collections of primary source materials documenting the history of Perkins School of Theology, Bridwell Library, and United Methodism in Texas and surrounding states.
- The Perkins School of Theology Archive includes historical and administrative records, the professional papers of administrators and faculty members, publications, and records of student organizations.
- The Bridwell Library Archive includes historical and administrative records, the professional papers of Directors and staff members, publications, and Special Collections-related materials.
- The Methodist Studies Archive includes records of Methodist organizations and the papers of bishops, ministers, missionaries, educators, musicians, and other church leaders.
To read brief descriptions of all archival collections at Bridwell Library, open the Archival Collections List. Finding guides for processed collections may also be accessed by visiting the Texas Archival Resources Online website.
The Archives staff serves the public by collecting, preserving, arranging, and describing relevant materials; assisting researchers; curating physical and digital exhibitions of items from the collections; and making public presentations to university classes and community groups.
Bridwell Library also houses the independently managed archives of the
- North Texas Annual Conference
- Rio Grande Annual Conference
- South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church, and the
- Texas United Methodist Historical Society.
To learn about these resources and their archivists, open the External Archives List.
Bridwell Library partners with the Texas United Methodist Historical Society to promote the annual Walter N. Vernon Student Paper Prize contest and the Kate Warnick Awards competition for published local church histories. Follow this link to view a list of all past Kate Warnick Awards winners.
Please note: Beginning March 11, 2019, Bridwell Library Special Collections and Archives access will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO WALK-INS PERMITTED. If you have a question for or request of our staff, you may contact them by phone or email, and they will work with you based on their availability at the time of the request. Bridwell Library seeks to provide exceptional support and service to our patrons and community, and we encourage everyone to continue to use our vast and important collections and resources. Your experience and access to Bridwell Library is our priority.