On-Site Application Registration
TEMERLIN ADVERTISING INSTITUTE ON-SITE APPLICATION – SPRING 2014
Want to minor in Advertising? You do not have to sit for the TAI on-site application.
As of February 18, 2014, students wishing to minor in advertising are no longer required to complete the Temerlin Advertising Institute (TAI) on-site application. To declare advertising as a minor, visit the Temerlin Advertising Institute main office in 202 Umphrey Lee Center. More information on the minor in advertising is available here.
Want to major in Advertising?
Students wishing to major in advertising are still required to complete the Temerlin Advertising Institute (TAI) on-site application which will be offered three times during Spring 2014 term for qualified SMU undergraduate students who wish to major or minor in Advertising.
- Thursday, March 20, 2:00 – 4:00pm in Fondren Library West, Room 103B
- Friday, March 21, 2:00 – 4:00pm in Fondren Library West, Room 103C
- Saturday, March 22, 1:00 – 3:00pm in Fondren Library West, Room 103C
Click here to register for a session by Wednesday, March 19 at 5:00pm. Please note that you only need to register for one session. If you do not register by for a session by Wednesday, March 19, you will not be able to sit for the application this semester.
Qualified to apply? If you can answer YES! to the following questions, you’re qualified to sit for the on-site application this semester:
- I have completed OR will complete the four (4) subset courses (ADV 2374; ENGL 1301 or DISC 1312*; ENGL 1302 or DISC 1313*; STAT 1301 or STAT 2301 or STAT 2331) by the end of Spring 2014 and have a combined GPA of 3.0 or better in these courses.
- I entered SMU during or after the 2008 – 2009 academic year and have completed a minimum of 30 hours.
- I have a cumulative SMU GPA of 2.5 or better and am in good standing with the university.
For more information regarding the TAI admissions requirements and process, click here.
What to bring? A hard copy of your most current Degree Progress Report (DPR) and a valid SMU ID card.
How to prepare? We know that you have finished ADV 2374: Survey of Advertising, or are taking it now, which is all the preparation you need. The short essays on the application are your opportunity to communicate the theories and ideas you learned in this course.
Questions about the application process or Advertising degree plans? Contact the TAI office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (214.768.3090), or stop by in person (202 Umphrey Lee Center, Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm).
*Or approved University Honors Program substitutes: DISC 2305 and DISC 2306.
TAI On-Site Application Registration Form