On-Site Application Registration
TEMERLIN ADVERTISING INSTITUTE ON-SITE APPLICATION
Want to MINOR in Advertising?
As of February 2014, students wishing to minor in advertising are no longer required to complete the Temerlin Advertising Institute (TAI) on-site application. More information on the minor in advertising, including how to declare it, is available here.
Want to MAJOR in Advertising?
The Temerlin Advertising Institute (TAI) on-site application will be offered two times during Summer 2014 for qualified SMU undergraduate students who wish to major in Advertising. You must sit for the TAI application and be admitted to our program before you can declare Advertising as a major.
Summer 2014 On-Site Application Sessions:
- Thursday, June 19, 2 - 4pm in Fondren Library West, Room 103B - REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Friday, July 25, 2 - 4pm in Fondren Library West, Room 103B
To register for one of the Summer 2014 on-site application sessions, complete and submit the TAI On-Site Application Registration Form below.
Qualified to apply? If you can answer yes to each of the following questions, you’re qualified to sit for the on-site application in Summer 2014:
- I have completed OR will complete the four (4) subset courses (ADV 2374; ENGL 1301 or DISC 1312*; ENGL 1302 or DISC 1313*; STAT 1301 or STAT 2301 or STAT 2331) by the end of Summer (August) 2014, and have a combined GPA of 3.0 or better in these courses.
- I have completed OR will complete a minimum of 30 hours at SMU by August 2014.
- I have a cumulative SMU GPA of 2.5 or better and am in good standing with the university.
For more information regarding the TAI admissions requirements and process, click here.
*Or approved University Honors Program substitutes: DISC 2305 and DISC 2306.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: The Summer 2014 on-site application sessions are the last two that will be offered for admission to the current BA in Advertising curriculum. New BA in Advertising requirements will go into effect beginning Fall 2014. The next application sessions for admission to the Advertising major will be offered in Spring 2015. Current, qualified SMU students that wish to major in Advertising are strongly encouraged to sit for the June or July 2014 application.
Questions about the application process or Advertising degree plans? Contact the TAI office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (214.768.3090).
TAI On-Site Application Registration Form