Your business librarians hope you had a rejuvenating winter break, are ready for an eventful semester and to remind you that…
- We have research workshops planned to give you advantage both in the classroom and with your job pursuits, so be sure to sign up for one soon.
- Business Library research guides can help streamline your information search and make your research time more efficient.
- As always, should you need our help, you can Ask a Business Librarian anytime. We’re glad to assist!
Book of Lists for 2019-2020 have arrived for Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio!
Who's the leader in your market? The Business Journal Book of Lists provides you with listings of hundreds of the hottest area companies in their fields, by ranking. You'll also receive the names of key decision makers, along with their titles and complete contact information. The Book of Lists is perfect for: Sales Prospecting, Job Search, Fundraising, and Business Research.
- The Business Library has print Book of Lists for all the major Texas cities, Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
- For Dallas, we also have an electronic version of it, which you can access directly using the Dallas Business Journal Portal.
Need assistance accessing this valuable information? Ask a Business Librarian to get started.
Scanner, Projectors and Resume Printer
The Business Library strives to provide the equipment you need to succeed.
- The scanner allows you to copy items such as class notes, pages from the Houston Book of Lists, or your driver’s license. The scanner is located by the group tables next to the photocopier. No login or money required for the scanner.
- Use the touchscreen to select ADF (Automated Document Feeder) to automatically feed up to 20 pages for quick and easy scanning of loose pages.
- Select the book edge scanner (the flat scanner) for book pages and oddly sized items such as photographs and passports.
- You can save your files to a USB drive, send them by e-mail, change your document from a PDF to images, and even select parts of the text to convert to a MP3 file to listen while you’re on the go!
* Please remember to abide by copyright agreements when scanning.*
- Check out a mini-projector and turn any study room (or wall) into a presentation space.
- Connect to your laptop.
- Includes extension cord and 1-hour rechargeable battery.
- Return before the Business Library closes.
- Use the resume printer to print on high-quality, card stock, or glossy paper.
- Bring your own specialty resume grade paper.
- No charge for printing.
- Check out the Resume Printer placard at the Front Desk.
Other items for your use include dry-erase markers, phone chargers, three-hole punches, a paper cutter, and digital cameras.
If you have any questions, please Ask a Business Librarian.