Application Deadlines for the 2022-2023 Cohort
|Applications for 2022-2023 will open||August 1, 2021|
|Priority Admissions Deadline||
February 15, 2022
|Final Admissions Deadline||April 15, 2022|
All applicants must possess a master's or post-baccalaureate degree by August 2021 and complete the online SMU application. The application includes the following requirements:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts with a GPA of 3.0 or higher desired for all degrees
Official Transcripts must be sent directly by the institution to SMU.
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly by the institution to:
Paper transcripts should be sent directly by the institution to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
- Applicants with a degree from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores for admission speaking 24, listening & reading 22, and writing 21.
- 3 Essays
- Your response for each part should be no longer than 2 pages in length (double-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins)
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from individuals who can speak to the candidate's academic and professional skills and potential. One letter should be from a direct supervisor in the candidate's organization. The supervisor will also be asked to indicate agreement for the student to miss work to attend classes (for time on Fridays and summer terms)
- A resume/curriculum vita
Promising applicants may be invited to engage in an interview and additional selection processes.
If applying for the Superintendent certificate, please provide:
- A letter of agreement from the superintendent or other system-level administrator indicating that the school district will provide internship activities and a district mentor for the candidate
- A copy of a Principal certificate or the equivalent issued by the TEA, another state or country