Due to recent events the application deadline has been extended to May 15, 2020. In addition the GRE requirement for the 2020 admissions has been waived.
All applicants must possess a master's or post-baccalaureate degree by August and complete the online SMU application. The application requires the following:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly by the institution to:
Paper transcripts should be sent directly by the institution to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) scores taken within the last five years with the institution code 6660
- TOEFL English language proficiency test scores for students whose native language is not English
- Statement of professional purpose
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from individuals who can speak to the candidate's academic and professional skills and potential. One letter should be from a direct supervisor in the candidate's organization. The supervisor will also be asked to indicate agreement for the student to miss work to attend classes (for time on Fridays and summer terms).
- A resume/curriculum vita.
Applicants may be invited to interview with faculty members.