The SMU Master of Science in Counseling Program offers scholarships, to recognize academic excellence or assist deserving students with financial need.
Application deadline is March 15, 2021
General Requirements and Information for all Scholarships
- Good academic standing (Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- A completed FAFSA application for the academic year in which you are applying (you are not required to qualify for financial aid or to accept loans or other financial aid to apply for Counseling program scholarships). For FAFSA information, see: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa . For other SMU graduate financial aid information see: https://www.smu.edu/EnrollmentServices/financialaid/TypesOfAid/GraduateFinancialAid.
- Students may only apply for one Counseling Program scholarship in any given application window.
- Students who are already the recipient of a Counseling Program scholarship are considered ineligible for additional Counseling Program scholarships until their award period has elapsed. Students may not apply for or be awarded concurrent scholarships from the SMU Counseling Program.
- Students who are already Counseling Program scholarship recipients are not eligible for additional scholarships for the duration of the award.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Please read all eligibility requirements and application forms carefully. Some applications request a brief essay. Applications without the essay will not be accepted.
- Scholarships may be revoked due to changes in academic standing, less-than-full-time enrollment (if required), or disciplinary/remediation circumstances.
- All scholarship awards are dependent on availability of funds.