The Career Closet was initiated by SMU Dedman School of Law. First-Generation Initiative was invited to partner with SMU Dedman School of Law in April 2021, to assist first-generation students with obtaining professional clothing. The Career Closet consists of gently-used clothing donated by SMU alumni, faculty and staff.
The Career Closet is in the Dedman School of Law Underwood Law Library on the third floor. It is accessible during library hours, which can be viewed on the Underwood Library website.
- Check out the Career Closet key at the library front desk. (Note: You will need your SMU I.D. to check out the key.)
- Student may use whichever gender closet they choose.
- Outfits may be tried on in the Career Closet.
- Students may take one business and one business casual outfit.
- If you find items to take, fill out the form on the wall in the closet indicating the type and size of the items for restocking purposes.