Tuesday, Thursday 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Central Time
Standard Registration $3,995
Fees include tuition, textbooks and all materials.
- Meet the educational requirement to sit for the PMP® (Project Management Professional) Exam
- Learn and practice the six elements of an effective project plan
- Understand vital tools and techniques used to support project management
- Learn strategies to identify and mitigate risks to project success
- Learn to effectively manage communications and reporting skills
Why Choose SMU?
SMU PRO provides:
- Experienced instructors who are senior-level, practicing professionals
- Diverse student participants from a variety of corporate, nonprofit and entrepreneurial industries and academic fields
- Concentrated schedule – choose 10 morning or 10 evening classes
- Classes delivered in a dynamic, online format that encourages hands-on learning, interaction and networking
- One-on-one virtual project management coaching session following the completion of the program
Who Should Attend?
- New project managers
- Team members who contribute to projects
- Experienced managers looking for advanced skills and best practices
- Innovative business professionals who want to encourage collaboration
- Open to beginner and experienced project managers alike
- No prerequisites
Online Learning Requirements
This course will be offered virtually for Fall 2020. The well-being of our students and community is our top priority, and we are excited to deliver dynamic and engaging courses in a fully online format.
Students will interact with instructors and other students through Zoom and SMU GO's Learning Management System (Canvas). To maximize classroom instruction and your learning experience, we require the use of video & audio devices during the Zoom meeting. It will be necessary to have reliable internet with sufficient bandwidth to support the use of video during class.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.
Specific topics include:
- Implementing Effective Planning and Control
- Organizing and Supporting Projects
- Creating Interactive Project Teams
- Establishing Effective Communications
- Empowering Project Team Members
- Priority Registration $3,745
- Standard Registration $3,995
- Fees include tuition, textbooks and all materials.
Payments and Financing
- Student Loans
Students may qualify for a Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan, offered by Sallie Mae. Your Sallie Mae Loan application must be completed and approved 14 days before the first day of the program. Loan cannot exceed the cost of tuition. Contact our admissions team for details.
- Members of the SMU community (faculty, staff, students and alumni) may receive discounted tuition.
- Nonprofit organizations and groups may qualify for discounts. Contact a program advisor using the form on the right, for more details.
- This program may qualify for veterans’ benefits. Please contact Robert Hurst, Veterans Assistance and Outreach Coordinator, for more details.
- Corporate discounts may be available. Please call 972-473-3469 for information.
Do I need to have a college degree?
Does this certificate program fulfill the prerequisites to sit for the PMP® Examination?
What is the difference between the Project Management Certificate program and a PMP® Exam prep?
- Contact a program advisor (using the contact form on the right), who can answer any specific questions you may have.
- Apply to the SMU Project Management Certificate Program.
Instructor Scott Randall
Scott Randall is the Americas Director for GBMC, a company dedicated to improving performance through better project and risk management. He has over 30 years of experience across the fields of project management, financial and operational risk management, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, international marketing, strategic planning and capital project development.
Scott has worked domestically and internationally with oil and gas, electric power and service companies such as Boots & Coots International Well Control, Shell, Marathon, Duke Energy International, GDF Suez, BG, PdVSA, Pemex and Aramco to help them identify, assess, and manage their major risks.
He is author of a book on Enterprise Risk titled, Energy, Risk and Competitive Advantage: The Information Imperative published by PennWell.
Instructor Rebecca Johansson
With more than 20 years of experience leading projects in a wide variety of industries, Rebecca imparts her knowledge to students through her passion for project management.
Rebecca managed capital projects in the energy industry, in the healthcare sector and in information technology. Her experience on projects spans system implementation, change management and employee engagement.
Her passion for project management also transfers into Rebecca's personal life. She volunteered to chair the process to earn a federal grant supporting the development of children’s mental health services in Harris County.
She even applied a project management approach to her own wedding – which came in on time and under budget!
Did you know?
Average annual salary for management analysts in Texas.
Projected increase in employment by 2024 for management
Top job titles include project manager, business analyst, program manager