Standard Registration $3,995
Fees include tuition, textbooks and all materials.
- Meet the educational requirement to sit for the PMP® (Project Management Professional) Exam
- Learn and practice the six elements of an effective project plan
- Understand vital tools and techniques used to support project management
- Learn strategies to identify and mitigate risks to project success
- Learn to effectively manage communications and reporting skills
Why Choose SMU?
SMU PRO provides:
- Experienced instructors who are senior-level, practicing professionals
- Diverse student participants from a variety of corporate, nonprofit and entrepreneurial industries and academic fields
- Concentrated schedule – one full week on campus
- Classes delivered in-person to optimize real, hands-on learning and maximize opportunities for interaction and networking
Who Should Attend?
- New project managers
- Team members who contribute to projects
- Experienced managers looking for advanced skills and best practices
- Innovative business professionals who want to encourage collaboration
- Open to beginner and experienced project managers alike
- No prerequisites
Specific topics include:
- Implementing Effective Planning and Control
- Organizing and Supporting Projects
- Creating Interactive Project Teams
- Establishing Effective Communications
- Empowering Project Team Members
- Priority Registration $3,745
- Standard Registration $3,995
- Fees include tuition, textbooks and all materials.
Payments and Financing
- Payment Plan
Students may pay tuition for the SMU Project Management Certificate in installments. Contact our admissions team for details.
- Student Loans
SMU Project Management students may qualify for a Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan, offered by Sallie Mae. Contact our admissions team for details.
- Members of the SMU community (faculty, staff, students and alumni) may receive discounted tuition.
- Nonprofit organizations and groups may qualify for discounts. Contact a program advisor using the form on the right, for more details.
- This program may qualify for veterans’ benefits. Please contact Robert Hurst, Veterans Assistance and Outreach Coordinator, for more details.
- Corporate discounts may be available. Please call 972-473-3469 for information.
Do I need to have a college degree?
Does this certificate program fulfill the prerequisites to sit for the PMP® Examination?
What is the difference between the Project Management Certificate program and a PMP® Exam prep?
Do I need to purchase any textbooks or other materials?
Can I take the course online?
- Contact a program advisor (using the contact form on the right), who can answer any specific questions you may have.
- Apply to the SMU Project Management Certificate Program.
Instructor Rebecca Johansson
With more than 20 years’ experience leading projects in a wide variety of industries, Rebecca imparts her knowledge to students through her passion for project management.
Rebecca managed capital projects in the energy industry, in the healthcare sector and in information technology. Her experience on projects spans system implementation, change management and employee engagement.
Her passion for project management transfers into Rebecca's personal life as well. She volunteered to chair the process to earn a federal grant supporting the development of children’s mental health services in Harris County.
She even applied a project management approach to her own wedding – which came in on time and under budget!
Did you know?
Average annual salary for management analysts in Texas.
Projected increase in employment by 2024 for management
Top job titles include project manager, business analyst, program manager