Electives meet once per week, schedules vary.
Due to the rapidly evolving coronavirus outbreak, classes will meet online until it is deemed safe to meet on campus.
Standard Rate: $4,245.
You may choose to purchase the full certificate at a discounted price or purchase the individual courses a la carte.
The SMU PRO Digital Marketing Certificate Program is designed to provide you a tangible career-focused ROI—skills to grow your career and increase your salary, quickly and with flexibility. Our fast-paced and flexible program can be completed in less than 5 months.
Designed with Employability in Mind
We’ve redesigned the program in consultation with DFW marketing employers to ensure the courses teach you the latest relevant and in-demand skills. Our instructors are practitioners actively working in the field, sharing actual client case studies and best practices each week.
But don’t take our word for it. Value College evaluated the ROI of digital marketing programs nationally, looking at which programs are most likely to lead to job market visibility, career advancement and financial rewards. SMU PRO’s program ranks #12 on the list. Learn more.
SMU PRO Digital Marketing courses teach you:
- Strategic understanding of the digital marketing arena and how you can best harness it to meet key marketing objectives
- Social media tactics you can implement across all digital marketing channels
- Meaningful measurement tactics and performance indicators that analyze campaign performance
- Testing strategies to measure impact and improve results
- Content development strategies and project management tools
- Clear understanding of the customer journey, from needs and desires to purchasing motivations
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing, advertising, communications and PR professionals who need to quickly get up to speed on digital marketing
- New marketing graduates who need to expand their knowledge and skills to be more desirable to potential employers
- Digital marketing professionals seeking a professional qualification to add to their résumés
- Small business owners who want to learn how to leverage the power of digital marketing for their businesses
Certificate Program Completion Requirements
Three required courses:
- Digital Marketing: Strategy and Management
- Best Practices in Social Media and Digital Communication
- Digital Marketing Analytics
Choose the electives that best suit your needs, interests and timeline. If required and elective courses are taken concurrently, the certificate can be completed in as little as five months.
Digital Marketing Strategy & Management
- Focusing resources to go beyond tactical, "shiny objective" thinking
- Creating engaging customer experiences in digital media (social, online, mobile)
- Measuring the success of a digital marketing campaign and strategy and calculating your ROI
- Retargeting strategies and campaigns
- Managing digital projects: plan, scope, budget and manage digital campaigns and initiatives
- Explore all of the current major social media platforms, along with the strategic and tactical uses of each
- Understand and employ content marketing techniques and prioritize content return on investment (ROI)
- Develop brand awareness in the digital space
- Create a digital communications plan
- Learn best practices for social listening and response
- Successfully communicate your digital strategy to the c-suite
- How to align measurement with strategic objectives
- Measurement methodologies and tools for different digital marketing channels
- An overview of analytics tools: what to use when and how to use the most important tools
- Insights from data: customer profiles and segments
- Conversion funnels and goals and conversion optimization
- Attribution methods, models and how to put an attribution system in place
- When and how to merge online and offline data
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
Customer Journey Mapping
Data Visualization, Infographic and Dashboard Design Workshop
Developing & Implementing a Social Media Campaign Workshop
Mobile Marketing and Analytics: Strategies, Tactics and Tools
B2B Digital Marketing
Data Driven Marketing & Analytics Workshop
Search Engine Optimization and Marketing Strategies
Video Marketing Strategy
Writing Engaging Content and Copy
Designing Customer Experiences and Service Design
Digital Branding and Engagement
Mastering PPC, Paid Search and Paid Social
Email Marketing: Leveraging Your Most Powerful Channel
- The 18-month period begins on the first day of class.
- The program must be completed within the 18-month period. The last day of class must be completed within the 18-month period.
- If you have not successfully completed the program within the 18-month period, your enrollment expires and your program status is “incomplete” and you will not receive a certificate of completion from the program.
- If your enrollment expires before you complete the program, you may reapply to the program. You will be subject to the current tuition rate and space availability of the program.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for the Digital Marketing Certificate program is $3,995 when you register before the priority deadline or $4,242 thereafter.
- Discounts are available for SMU faculty, staff, students, alumni and groups.
No, this program does not have any required textbooks but you will be provided with some suggested readings. You are required to bring your own laptop to this course.
No, Digital Marketing Certificate courses must be taken in person.
Not necessarily, but we do find backgrounds in marketing, advertising, communications or PR beneficial. If you have any reservations, please contact a program advisor to confirm this program will suit your needs.
Registration and Enrollment
Our courses are noncredit and therefore do not qualify for FASFA benefits. SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. You are only eligible to apply for the loan if you are enrolling in the entire certificate program. To apply for this loan, follow the steps outlined under Tuition and Financing.
To register for the certificate program package:
- Apply online. Payment of the application fee does not guarantee you a seat in the class/program.
- A student advisor will confirm your acceptance and send accepted students a welcome e-mail with the next steps towards enrollment.
- View the list of courses available under Program Details.
- Register for the course(s) you wish to take.
- You will receive an email receipt, confirming your enrollment.
If you are paying for the program course-by-course, you will make separate payments for each course. If you are paying for the certificate package, you must pay for the full amount at one time. Please view Tuition and Financing for more details.
Our courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and a spot is not guaranteed until registration is paid in full. If a course you want to take is full, please add your name to the waitlist and we will notify you if a spot opens up. Students on the waitlist are not obligated to register if/when a space becomes available.
If your company is paying for your tuition, please contact a program advisor to receive a third-party billing form and application. Please include whether or not your company is paying for the application fee, and then submit both your application and the third-party billing form simultaneously. You will not be enrolled in the course until we receive the approved Line of Credit form with the necessary signatures.
Yes, please contact the SMU Global and Online Student Advisor at 214-768-2273 for assistance. Transcripts cost $10 each and are processed within two business days of your paid request.
SMU students, alumni, faculty/staff, veterans and nonprofits receive a 10% discount on our courses. Contact our office at 214-768-2273 if you qualify for a discount. Please note that this discount is applied to standard tuition rate, not the priority rate. Select corporate and group rates are available, contact a program advisor for more details. Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you will be given the one with the largest savings.
Upon entering the final course needed to satisfy the certificate requirements, please contact the SMU Global and Online Student Advisor at 214-768-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our advisor will verify that all required courses have been successfully completed and will prepare your certificate. You will be notified that your certificate is ready after the conclusion of your final course.
You will receive enrollment confirmation and course reminders via email. A parking pass with additional details and directions also will be sent to all attendees.
Parking in an undesignated parking area may result in a parking fine.
If you choose to withdraw from the certificate program, please notify us in writing (via email: email@example.com) prior to the start of the program. If a withdrawal request is received in writing more than three (3) full business days prior to the first course start date, students may receive a refund, minus a $250.00 processing fee.
Most classes are held in the SMU Global and Online (formerly CAPE) building on East Campus, but you are welcome to join undergraduate tours. Campus tours are designed for prospective undergraduates but if you are interested, you can find more information on the Daily Visit Registration page.
Your success is important to us and we want to provide you with opportunities to reach your goals. We offer a complimentary career-coaching service exclusively for our certificate program participants. Career coaching is designed to help you explore topics relevant to your career success in a flexible and personalized format. Career coaching does not guarantee job placement.
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our program advisor will be in touch with you.
Steve Lee, APR
Brad B McCormick is Principal at 10 Louder, a modern marketing consultancy base in Dallas, TX. An agency veteran, Brad has nearly 20 years of experience in helping global B2C & B2B companies create engage in the digital world.
A native Texan, Brad spent the majority of his agency career in New York City where he has such titles as a senior digital producer, senior digital strategist, and Global Digital Director. Brad has worked with a long list of clients with a broad range of industries. He has strategic digital experience in the CPG (Gillette, Kellogg, LEGO), technology (Cisco, HP, XEROX PARC), healthcare (Johnson & Johnson, Novartis), government (US Dept. of Homeland Security, Council on Foreign Relations), and nonprofit (Smokeybear, Girlscouts) industries. Communication Arts, the Webby Awards, SXSWi and the One Show has recognized his team's work.
Brad is the current chapter President Board of the DFW chapter of the American Marketing Association. He teaches both Digital Marketing Strategy and Management and B2B Digital Marketing Strategy at SMU GO. Brad has been quoted in the New York Times and Business Week and has written for both PRWeek & Ad Age. PR Week named Brad one of the four "Top Digital Creative Minds" in the industry. Brad is also a certified scrum master in agile project management. Brad holds a B.S. in Creative Advertising and a B.A. in American Studies / Liberal Arts from the University of Texas at Austin and is currently earning his MBA from the Smartly Institute.
Liron Segev, is an internationally celebrated Social Media Strategist and Digital Marketer Consultant. Over the past 20+ years, his work has taken him to South Africa, the UK and the US where Liron has developed digital and social media campaigns for scores of top name brands such as Ford, BMW, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Sony and Lenovo to name a few.
Liron has won multiple international awards for his technology blog, TheTechieGuy, and runs a successful YouTube channel. Liron also produces and hosts a weekly Podcast show called TubeTalk where he interviews the greatest minds in Video making space.
Brie is a Sunshine State native but has called Texas home for nearly a decade after receiving her bachelor degrees in Communication Studies, Public Relations, and Anthropology from SMU where she was active in PRSSA, Greek Life, and Student Foundation. Since graduating, Brie spent time in the classroom with Teach for America as well as led educational programs in Thailand and Burma.
Currently, Brie leads all influencer marketing efforts at Southwest Airlines as well local media in California, Colorado, Arizona, and Hawaii. Since beginning at Southwest in 2015, Brie has worked on building out the Southwest Storytellers, the first long term influencer program in the domestic airline industry as well as building out an enterprise wise strategy. Her work in influencer marketing has been featured in Forbes, Thrillist, and USA Today
Dan is a search engine optimization and social media strategy professional with over 20 years experience in developing digital marketing strategies for agency clients.
Dan has a strong foundation in all phases of digital marketing, with the ability to deliver multichannel business-driving solutions. Well-versed in strategy and ideation development, video production for SEO & social media as well as competitive analysis. Dan provides proven leadership in directing digital marketing services, creative design, and team management across market and target segments.
Dan is past president of the DFW Search Engine Marketing Association and co-founder of the Digital Career Center, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization designed to help heads of households with careers in digital marketing.
Chase White is a Dallas native and works as the Social Content Manager for Toyota USA's social brand channels at Saatchi & Saatchi. He is a graduate of the College of Mass Communications at Texas Tech University with a degree in Advertising. Chase spent his early career in account management for top fashion brands. During that time, Chase launched the Dallas-based lifestyle blog Live Be Dallas.
He has become an established Social Influencer working with brands such as Coca-Cola, Target and Brinker International. Chase also works as a Social Media Consultant, creating sizable social-media solutions and strategies for small to mid-level businesses. He has a deeply rooted passion for social media and immerses himself in the ever-evolving digital advertising landscape.
Since penning her first short story at age 8, she has been a writer. Today, she's written articles for clients that have been published in Forbes Woman, American Express OPEN and trade publications in numerous industries. Laura tells her clients' stories through web and print campaigns to creatively meet their marketing goals.
Did you know?
Average annual salary for marketing managers in Texas.
Projected increase in employment by 2024 for marketing managers.
Top job titles include digital marketing manager, sales executive.