Visit the Libraries
Non-SMU guests are welcome to visit Bridwell Library, Hamon Arts Library, Fondren Library, and Underwood Law Library. Some libraries have limited Public Access hours.
There are no public computers at SMU Libraries, but all guests are welcome to use SMU_Guest WiFi on their own devices. You may access many of our databases and ebooks with Guest WiFi.
Guest Borrower Cards
Guest Borrower Cards can be used to check out books and media at Bridwell Library, Hamon Arts Library and Fondren Library.
The following groups are eligible for a Guest Borrower Card:
- TexShare Card holders with a current card issued by their home library. Apply online.
- Faculty participating in the OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing program. Apply online.
- Students, faculty, and staff of SWATLA member institutions. Apply online or at Bridwell Library.
- Clergy and theological students. $30 annual fee. Apply online or at Bridwell Library.
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex attorneys and DALL members. Apply at Underwood Law Library Desk.
If you are applying in-person for a card, please bring ID and proof of employment, membership, or enrollment, as applicable.
Friends of SMU Libraries
Friends of SMU Libraries receive a Guest Borrower Card at the Associate level and above.