We appreciate your decision to join the SMU student community, and we welcome your support and commitment to academic integrity during your years here.
AARO Students - Login Problems
Some new students or AARO participants may have trouble accessing Blackboard to complete the Academic Honesty Tutorial. If you are not able to access Blackboard you may not be matriculated. When you reach that point in the enrollment process you will be added to Blackboard.
The Blackboard is updated each morning with new users. The Honesty Tutorial is updated each Monday morning.
To access the Academic Honesty Tutorial and Academic Honesty Quiz do the following:
- Click here to be taken to Blackboard.
- In the Username field, type in your 8-digit SMU ID. Type all 8 digits together. DO NOT put either a hyphen or a space between each four-number set.
In the Password field, type in your SMU password. Press the Login button. (Your password is the same as your SMU e-mail and Access.smu account.)
- Under My Courses, click on Academic Honesty Tutorial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, taking the tutorial first and the quiz second.
- After completing the quiz, click Submit; your answers and score will be recorded, which you may review.
Example: User Name: 01234567 (Your SMU ID) Password: Your SMU Password Click Login Your course(s) should appear in the My Blackboard screen.
In the future, you should go to courses.smu.edu to find important notices.
View Student Honor Code.