GTE Immersions for 2014-2015
Participants in immersion courses are required to attend a designated GTE Orientation session.
• J-Term and Spring Term Immersions were November 15, from 4:00 pm to 10:00 p.m.
• Orientation for the Summer 2014 immersion course was April 11, from 4:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Check back soon for information about upcoming Orientation session dates.
The deadline for Summer Term 2014 applications was February 15, 2014.
Applications for J-Term and Spring Term 2015 will be accepted after August 20, 2014.
All immersions outside the U.S. require a U.S. passport valid for six months following the ending date of the immersion. No application will be accepted without a copy of a valid U.S. passport.
For inquiries about the academic content and travel schedules of immersions, please contact the faculty member in charge.
Application forms (for submission to the Global Theological Education office): Immersion Application Form
For all other inquiries, contact the Global Theological Education office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No advance applications will be accepted.
• January 3–17 » Palestine/Israel Student Immersion — Division II:
Dr. Robert Hunt [Additional Information about this Immersion Course]
• January 3–14 » Palestine/Israel Alumni/ae Immersion:
Dr. Jaime Clark-Soles [Additional Information about this Immersion Experience]
• China Student Immersion — Division I: Dr. Szekar Wan
• South Africa Student Immersion — Division IV: Dr. Evelyn Parker
• May 18–24 » Oklahoma Student Immersion: Exploring Native Peoples — Division IV:
Dr. Elaine Heath [Syllabus (PDF)]
Spring Break 2014
• El Salvador Student Immersion — Division IV: Dr. Hal Recinos
• Dec. 29, 2013 – Jan. 14, 2014 » Palestine-Israel Immersion, Division II:
Dr. Robert Hunt | View Schedule (PDF)
• May 20 – June 4 » Taizé, France Immersion, Division IV:
Dr. Heidi Miller and Dr. Michael Hawn
• May 31 – June 17 » South Africa Immersion, Division IV:
Dr. Evelyn Parker
Spring Break 2013
• March 8–17 » Cuba Immersion, Division II: Dr. Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi
• China Immersion — Division I: Dr. Szekar Wan
• Nepal Immersion — Division II: Dr. Ruben Habito
• Waco Immersion — Division IV: Dr. Hugo Magallanes
Palestinian Territories/Israel — January 2–19, 2012: Christianity in the Holy Land (Dr. Valerie Karras)
Waco, Texas — January 9-15, 2012: Experiencing a Culture of Homelessness/Christian Community Development Immersion Class
(Dr. Hugo Magallanes)
Taizé, France — May 15–30, 2011: Worship in an Ecumenical European Tradition (Dr. Michael Hawn and Dr. Mark Stamm)
South Africa — July 24 – August 7, 2011: Stories of the People of South Africa (Dr. Evelyn Parker and Dr. Alyce McKenzie)
Immersion courses are open to all Perkins students and to non-student auditors.