GTE Immersions for 2013-2014
Immersion applications will be accepted for J-Term and Spring Term 2014 only after August 20, 2013.
Participants in J-Term and Spring Term Immersions are required to attend a GTE Orientation session November 15 from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Applications for Summer Term 2014 will be accepted after January 1, 2014.
Participants in Summer Term 2014 immersions are required to attend a GTE Orientation session April 11 from 4:00 pm to 10 pm.
Applications for J-Term and Spring Term 2015 will be accepted after August 20, 2014.
All immersions outside the U.S. require a U.S. passport valid for six months following the ending date of the immersion. No application will be accepted without a copy of a valid U.S. passport.
For inquiries about the academic content and travel schedules of immersions, please contact the faculty member in charge.
Application forms (for submission to the Global Theological Education office): Immersion Application Form
For all other inquiries, contact the Global Theological Education office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No advance applications will be accepted.
Summer 2013 [Registration closed]
• May 20-June 4 — Taizé, France Immersion, Division IV:
Dr. Heidi Miller and Dr. Michael Hawn
• May 31-June 17 — South Africa Immersion, Division IV:
Dr. Evelyn Parker
• Palestine Israel Immersion — Division II: Dr. Robert Hunt
Spring Break 2014
• El Salvador Immersion — Division IV: Dr. Hal Recinos
• Venezuela Immersion — Division II: Dr. Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi
• May 19-June 2 — India, Divisions I and IV:
Dr. Suzanne Johnson and Dr. Susanne Scholz
• Korea — Division II: Dr. Ted Campbell
• Oklahoma Indian Conference — Division IV: Dr. Elaine Heath
• Latin America — Division II: Dr. Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi
• North India — Division I: Dr. Szekar Wan
Spring Break 2013
• March 8-17 — Cuba Immersion, Division II: Dr. Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi
• China Immersion — Division I: Dr. Szekar Wan
• Nepal Immersion — Division II: Dr. Ruben Habito
• Waco Immersion — Division IV: Dr. Hugo Magallanes
Palestinian Territories/Israel — January 2-19, 2012: Christianity in the Holy Land (Dr. Valerie Karras)
Waco, Texas — January 9-15, 2012: Experiencing a Culture of Homelessness/Christian Community Development Immersion Class
(Dr. Hugo Magallanes)
Taizé, France — May 15-30, 2011: Worship in an Ecumenical European Tradition (Dr. Michael Hawn and Dr. Mark Stamm)
South Africa — July 24-August 7, 2011: Stories of the People of South Africa (Dr. Evelyn Parker and Dr. Alyce McKenzie)
Immersion courses are open to all Perkins students and to non-student auditors.