Discover the Art & Science of Game Development at Guildhall Academy
Summer Camps for Grades 6-12
Are you a serious game player in grades 6-12 who has what it takes to become a game creator? Have you considered studying video game development and making it your career? Then the Guildhall Advanced Game Design Academy is for you!
Video Games are a $100 billion industry. See if you have what it takes to be a part of it!
What is Guildhall Academy?
Offered by the SMU-in-Plano Summer Youth Program in partnership with SMU Guildhall, the Advanced Game Design Academy is a rigorous two-week summer camp in which students create a video game using cutting edge game engine technology. Two sessions are offered each summer.
- Be taught and mentored by game industry veterans
- Experience what professional game developers do on a daily basis
- Design a 2D platformer game using the Unity game engine — the same game tech used by Guildhall graduate students in their game production projects
- Create unique art and import it into the game engine
- Program gameplay using C#
Guildhall Academy students should have a passion for games and intermediate technical skills, but specific knowledge related to game development is not required.
Session 1: June 5-16, 2017
Session 2: June 19-30, 2017
Questions? Contact Rene Archambault at (972) 473-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org