Want to be a PAL?
Learn more about the recruitment and selection process to be an SMU Peer Academic Leader (PAL).
Applications for Peer Academic Leaders open in the Fall term, with interviews beginning in early Spring. Some of the general requirements to become a PAL are:
- 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- On good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
- A sophomore, junior, or senior with the intent to live on campus
- Responsible, reliable, flexible, with the ability to work independently
- Tech savvy with social media knowledge (e.g., my.smu.edu, Canvas, YouTube, Instagram)
- Excellent planning, communication, and organizational skills
Although applications do not officially open until late Fall, students are encouraged to submit an interest form if they would like to be considered for the next recruitment cycle. Please click the button below to be directed to the prospective PAL form.