During Clinic Hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- Go to SMU Counseling Services for immediate crisis intervention and evaluation.
- OR CALL 214-768-2277.
After Clinic Hours (Monday - Friday, 5:00 pm to 8:30 am; Saturday & Sunday; Holidays)
- Emergency or Life-threatening: Call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room
- CALL 214-768-2277. A recorded message will give you information on accessing the mental health professional on call.
- If you do not receive a prompt reply, please try the number again or call the SMU Police at 214-768-3333.
Mental health emergency community resources:
- Suicide Crisis Center: 214-828-1000
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255