We are the Staff Association.
For over 80 years, the SMU Staff Association (SMUSA) has fostered a spirit of community within SMU. We are comprised of the officers of the Executive Committee, members of the Staff Advocacy Council, and YOU!
Want to join us? You are already a member!
There are no fees or dues to join the SMU Staff Association. All staff within the SMU community are automatically members of the Staff Association. If you want to have an active role in the Staff Association, we have volunteer opportunities, positions on the Staff Advocacy Council, and Executive Board.
Complete the Fall SMUSA Staff Survey!
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey telling us your thoughts, concerns, ideas, and anything else you want to share. Just click here to go to the survey! We will close the survey to responses at the end of September.
Show your SMUSA pride!
If you have not already, request your complimentary SMUSA Staff Shirt - debuted in 2022, all permanent, full-time, benefit-eligible SMU staff are entitled to one SMUSA shirt. Complete the short form and we will send you your shirt! You will need to know your SMU Box number (which can be found in my.SMU Employee Directory). Sizes include S - XXXL. Please allow time to get the shirt. While supplies last.
Want SMUSA to help promote your event?
If you would like SMUSA to help promote your upcoming event, the following must be met:
- The event must be open to all staff
- The event must be sponsored by a SMU program, department, or organization
- The event will be reviewed by SMUSA before any communication will be sent out
- If the organization is providing marketing material, the sponsoring group at SMU must be clearly identified on the materials
- The following form must be completed: Promotional Help Form
Follow us on social media