Are you a current student with a declared major in Dedman College? As a continuing Dedman College student, you are also eligible for scholarship consideration!
Here are the steps you will need to take to apply:
- Complete the Dedman College Undergraduate Departmental Scholarship Application
- Submit a copy of your SMU transcript through the most recent completed semester; a copy of your DPR will work
- In 500 words or less, describe your short and long-range goals, both academic and professional
- Secure two letters of recommendation from SMU faculty members in your major
Potential topics to cover in recommendation letters include: the student's potential, goals, research skills, contributions to class discussions, interpersonal skills, leadership ability and extracurricular activities.
- All application materials are due by 5pm on Monday, April 18, 2016.
- You must be declared in at least one Dedman College major to be eligible.
- All listed application materials must be received by the deadline or you will not be a competitive candidate. No exceptions will be made for late applications.
You can email all questions and submit all application materials to email@example.com or turn in at Dallas Hall, 2nd floor Dean's Suite. Professors can submit letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org as well. We award departmental scholarships once a year, typically before the beginning of the fall semester and are awarded for the fall and spring semesters.