Are you a current SMU student with a declared major in Dedman College? As a continuing Dedman College student, you are eligible for scholarship consideration!
Here are the steps you will need to take to apply:
- Complete the Dedman College Undergraduate Departmental Scholarship Application
- Submit a copy of your SMU transcript through the most recent completed semester; a copy of your DPR will work
- In 500 words or less, describe your short and long-range goals, both academic and professional
- Secure two letters of recommendation from SMU faculty members (preferably in your major)
Potential topics to cover in recommendation letters include: the student's potential, goals, research skills, contributions to class discussions, interpersonal skills, leadership ability and extracurricular activities.
- The application for the 2024-2025 academic year opens on October 30, 2023.
- All application materials are due by 11:59 p.m. CDT on Friday, March 8, 2024
- You must be declared in at least one Dedman College major to be eligible.
- All listed application materials must be received by the deadline or you will not be a competitive candidate. No exceptions will be made for late applications.
Current students can submit application materials here.
Professors can submit letters of recommendation here.
We award departmental scholarships once a year, typically before the beginning of the fall semester and are awarded for the fall and spring semesters. For questions, email email@example.com.