Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that you keep your personal information updated in the HR/Payroll system at SMU, which is reflected under Employee Self Service in my.SMU.edu using the Personal Information tile.
- Your home address is reflected on your pay statement, which you may need to use to demonstrate your current employment at SMU.
- Your mailing address is used for the distribution of your Form W-2 in January, for your tax filing purposes.
- Your W-4 elections determine the calculation of federal income tax withholding from your paychecks.
- Your direct deposit account information directs where the net pay from your paycheck is deposited each pay day.
- Your social security number is used to report your wages and taxes as required by various federal and state agencies.
To update your personal information in my.SMU.edu, please use the tools and links at the right.