Welcome to the ID Card Self Service Portal. After logging into this portal, you will be able to upload a new ID photo, order new cards, report a card lost or stolen and request a new card to be printed.
Please note, the Pony Express program has ended.
Manage My Card
Manage My Meals/Flex
- Submit a photo
- Activate a new card
- Report a card lost or found
- Manage your TollTag for parking
- and more!
For more information on Meals or Flex, please visit smuDining.com
For any Meal or Flex issues click here to contact Dining Services or email them at Dining@smu.edu.
About your Photo
A photo must be submitted online before a card may be issued. The following are the requirements for your photo:
- Picture will be cropped to 300X300
- Format- jpg or jpeg
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off white background
- Taken in full face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing you wear on a daily basis
Please Note: This software is not compatible with the Safari browser. Please use a different browser to upload photos.
Once your photo is submitted, it will be reviewed by the ID card office. Your new photo will not be used until it has been approved. You will be notified by email if your photo does not meet the requirements.
Replacement ID Cards
Replacement ID cards can be ordered by logging into the ID Card portal. You will be charged a $30 replacement card fee payable through Access.SMU or at the Student Services counter with cash or check only in the Blanton building. The fee may be waived in the event damage occurs due to fair, wear and tear. The existing ID card must be presented to the Parking and ID Card Services office in order for the fee to be waived.
Replacement cards may be printed at the Parking and ID Card Services Office located at Hughes-Trigg Student Center.
ID Card Reminders
- Do not punch holes in your card, or use stickers, tape or make other alterations to your card.
- Treat your ID just as you would your drivers license or credit card. If the card is missing, report it lost or stolen immediately.
Requesting an ID Card
Your ID card will be printed when you come to pick it up in the Parking and ID Card Services office. Be sure to have identification. Employees will visit the Parking and ID Card office as part of their new hire checklist. Requests for individuals who are not faculty, staff or students should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.