Recruit at SMU
Employer Recruitment Guide
All the information for employers, all in one place. View our guide to recruiting at SMU for more information on our programs, polices, and ways to engage with SMU students.
Getting Started in Handshake
The Hegi Family Career Development Center utilizes Handshake for employers to post and our office to advertise open jobs and internships. SMU utilizes handshake for internship and full time career opportunities. Part-time, temporary, and seasonal opportunities are referred to Quadjobs. Quadjobs is an additional resource provided to students who are looking for temporary/part time work. To learn more about Quadjobs, please follow this link.
Getting connected on Handshake is your first step to getting your job in front of students. Creating a Handshake account is quick and easy, and you can learn more about creating an account and posting jobs below.
How to Create an Employer Account in Handshake:
- Getting started with Handshake for Employers
- Step-by-step instructions for creating an employer account
How to Post a Job on Handshake:
- How to Post a Job to Handshake
- 5 Tips to improve your job description to attract early talent
- Handshake Employer Onboarding YouTube Playlist
Employer Account and Job Posting Policies
To be eligible to be an approved employer for the Hegi Family Career Development Center at Southern Methodist University on Handshake, an employer must complete all required sections of the Employer profile on Handshake including but not limited to:
- Full name and job title of the contact person with valid work email address
- A valid business address (this may be a PO Box, but not a residential address, additional clarification may be needed if provided a PO Box)
- A valid business website with matching domain email addresses for staff
- A valid business telephone number
- A valid business LinkedIn address (this may not be a personal account)
- A concise and clear “About” section