Handshake was created to ensure that all college students have equal access to meaningful careers. Handshake is the number one way to find jobs and internships as well as professional development and employer engagement events on campus.
Career Counseling Appointments
Counseling appointments are sessions designed to assist you in navigating your career journey. Students can schedule an appointment with peer mentors or career counselors virtually about career exploration, resume and cover letters, and more.
- Login to Handshake at smu.joinhandshake.com
- Click on "Career Center" at the top right corner and select "Appointments" in the drop-down menu
- Choose to "Schedule a New Appointment" and select "Hegi Family Career Development Center"
- Select the appointment type (resume/cover letter, job/internship, etc.), medium (email, video, phone) and time slot that works for you!
- A career counselor will contact you via email to confirm the appointment and provide either a zoom link, phone number, or email address.