Handshake was created to ensure that all college students have equal access to meaningful careers. Handshake is the number one way to find jobs and internships as well as professional development and employer engagement events on campus.
Career Counseling Appointments
Counseling appointments are sessions designed to assist you in navigating your career journey. Students can schedule an appointment with peer mentors or career counselors virtually about career exploration, resume and cover letters, and more.
- Login to Handshake at smu.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click on "Career Center" at the top right corner and select "Appointments" in the drop-down menu
- Choose to "Schedule a New Appointment" and select "Hegi Family Career Development Center"
- Select the appointment type (resume/cover letter, job/internship, etc.), medium (email, video, phone) and time slot that works for you!
- A career counselor will contact you via email to confirm the appointment and provide either a zoom link, phone number, or email address
Drop In Appointments
Due to Covid-19, the Hegi Family Career Development Center will not be offering drop-in appointments at this time. However, there are appointments available everyday from 9am - 5pm with career counselors or peer mentors. Please visit smu.joinhandshake.com to make an appointment.