The Hegi Family Career Development Center equips students and alumni to cultivate meaningful lives through career development, continuous learning, and professional growth. We provide relevant experiential learning opportunities for students to gain tangible skills that position them for professional success. Through these experiences, we empower students and alumni to find their passion and to navigate careers for a lifetime.
Our Pillars are derived directly from our Hegi Family Career Development Center Mission Statement. These Pillars represent our purpose and guiding values for our Center and work in career development. Each of these dimensions create targets for the manner in which our Center will operate in order to achieve and maintain long-term success in the SMU and Dallas Communities.
- Prepare - Prepare students to navigate careers for a lifetime.
- Equip - Teach skills that position students for professional success.
- Engage - Provide relevant experimental learning opportunities.
- Connect - Cultivate meaningful lives through professional connections.
- Democratize - Empower all students to find their passion and purpose.