Copyright usage terms vary throughout the SMU Digital Collections. Each item contains information about usage terms.
If SMU does not have the right to publish the item on the Internet, only the item's metadata will be available and the digitized object will be available on a restricted access basis. Such items may only be viewed on campus. When items are available for use, please cite the holding library.
nCDS evaluates items for addition into its digital collections using this copyright flowchart.
For images owned by the libraries or not restricted by copyright law, high quality images may be obtained for a fee by contacting the holding library.
- Bridwell Library: Unless otherwise specified, permission to publish materials must be obtained from the Head of Special Collections of Bridwell Library.
- DeGolyer Library: email@example.com For more information about using materials held by DeGolyer, see their research permissions page.
- Bywaters Special Collections, Hamon Arts Library: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information about using materials held by Bywaters Special Collections, see their Permissions, Copyright, and Citations page.
- G. William Jones Film and Video Collection: The Jones Collection provides access to academic researchers to the fullest extent that resources will allow. Researchers may be required to pay some costs for screening film prints and copying/transferring of materials. For more information, contact email@example.com
- Foscue Map Library and all other collections: For reproductions and other usage information, please contact the Norwick Center for Digital Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org.