NOTE: Due to the reported global shortages of processors, semiconductors and glass; computer laptop, desktop, tablet, display and accessory orders are taking longer than normal to fulfill. Some items may take 6-8 weeks or more for delivery
All University purchases for desktop or laptop computers, displays or tablets must be placed through the centralized purchasing process. The following list identifies the various technology purchasing categories and the appropriate channels for ordering.
- Desktop and Laptop Computers, Displays and Tablets: Purchase via the online ordering site and SMU Purchasing
- Printers: Departmental purchases are not allowed. Contact email@example.com for assistance with printers.
- Cellular devices: Limited approvals for departmental purchase of cellular devices. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- AV components (Large Displays, TVs, projectors, Classroom AV equipment): Request via the AV Request form
- Software Licensing: Visit the software page to determine if a license purchase is required. Submit your request for licensing using the online order form.
Please note: You should receive a confirmation page and an email confirmation upon submitting your order. If you do not, please try again.