Mail Central is located in Hughes-Trigg Student Center
- We know that move-in day will be hectic! Please be prepared for extended wait times for package pick-up.
- You are allowed a maximum of 10 packages sent to the University prior to move-in day.
- Anything more will be refused and returned to sender.
- Please do not ship large items such as Futons, Fridges, Beanbags, Large Mirrors and Dressers. Maximum box dimensions are 36x36x36.
- Alternatives to shipping boxes for move-in day:
- Consider using a moving service like Pony Up Moving, or any other moving company of your choice.
- Instead of mailing items for move-in, shop online and pick-up at the local store. You can also make a day of it and go shopping here in Dallas with your family.
Helpful Shipping Tips During the Year
- The Mail & Copy Center is located in Hughes-Trigg Student Center! This is where you will pick up your mail and packages.
- You will have an individual PO Box Number. All letter-mail and packages should include that number. Please memorize your number. We ask for it a lot!
- Deliveries are not allowed to your residential commons themselves. Please use:
3140 Dyer St
#_ _ _ _ (PO box number)
Dallas, TX 75205
- The University has two working zip codes, 75205 and 75275. Do not worry if a website asks you to change it. Both work equally as well.
- If your family mails you any valuable letter-mail such as birthday cards, debit card or cash, please ask they send it with tracking. It is always a good idea to track valuables.
- You should check your PO Box often. We do not send notifications for letter-mail.
- If your family plans to send you anything perishable, ask them to give you a heads-up because you will need to visit us quickly. It’s always a shame to throw out food or flowers that go bad.
Drop off letters and packages at the SMU Mail Center. USPS mail goes out at 4:00pm Monday through Friday. We also offer:
- Certified Mail
- Return Receipt
- International Shipping
UPS & Fed-Ex
Fed-Ex Daily Pickups
- Ground, Home, & Express
UPS Daily Pickups
- Ground & Express
We also accept local courier delivery
SMU Mail & Copy provides USPS Priority and Express envelopes and boxes.
We have stamps, envelopes and packing material for your shipping needs. We accept major credit cards, cash, and checks.
- Yard Signs
Reminder: Do NOT send cash, checks, or gift cards via regular USPS mail. Checks, gift cards, and any other valuable items are best sent Priority Mail with a tracking number.
Contact Information and Hours
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:30pm
Saturday: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Monday through Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Across the hall from Mail Center
Helpful Tips for Families and Students
Package Shipment to Your Student
- Always use the student’s legal full name, contact Mail Central if student uses another name.
- Only use 3140 Dyer St. #_ _ _ _ Dallas, TX 75205 - DO NOT USE COMMONS ADDRESS.
- Keep tracking numbers when shipping packages.
- Do not mail cash, gift cards, and valuable items through USPS First Class - use Priority with a tracking number. We will not be responsible for missing mail.
- If sending perishables or flowers, notify your student that it’s coming. These items will be classified as a “Care Package”. If they don’t pick up within 2 days - we will dispose of perishable package.
- We sign for UPS, Fed-Ex, & DHL- We do not sign for USPS.
- Students will receive an email as soon as we have scanned in their package. The email will come from SMU Post Office. If you receive an email from any other source, we do not have your package yet.
- Please wait at least 1 hour after you receive an email from SMU before coming to pick-up your package.
- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Sign in at kiosk next to Bank of America ATM.
- Students must have ID ready before proceeding to pick-up window.
- Wait to be called before approaching pick-up window.
- If checking letter mail only, you do not need to sign in at kiosk or stand in line. Go to the left of the package pick-up window and ring bell for assistance.
- Please be prepared to take all of your packages. If you have heavy or large packages - we can loan a cart. You will need to leave your ID and carts need to be returned ASAP.
- A tracking number is required to help locate missing packages. Remember to keep record of your transactions.
Front Counter Package Shipping
- We ship UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS. Have your package sealed, labeled and ready to ship before approaching counter. We provide supplies to help with packaging.
- Cover or remove old labels on boxes and packages.
- Front counter closes at 4:30, please plan ahead.
- Email print orders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to allow time to process order.
- Include detailed instructions about order, name, phone number and deadline.